Outreach at St John’s
If you are interested in “reaching out,” Outreach at St John’s is an exciting and rewarding place to check out. We support, encourage and believe in group and individual ministries. Among the very active ministries we have at St John’s are the following.
- We prepare and serve a meal once every other month at the Dover Friendly Kitchen.
- We collect food for the Dover Food Pantry and items for Operation Blessing.
- We host four blood drives a year for the American Red Cross. We staff the registration desk and serve homemade meals.
- We have sent 6 Mission teams to Slidell and St Bernard Parish in Louisiana, repairing homes affected by Hurricane Katrina. Our next Mission team will be leaving for Louisiana in April of 2012. We also led a Volunteers in Mission team to Haiti in December, 2011.
- We support a ministry at Strafford County Jail.
- We also participate in the Dover Co-Operative Ministries and Seacoast Family Promise .
This is just a sampling of our many ministries. If you have any questions or would like more information, contact the church office.